Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm a UCPerson



On October 21st, 2008 I was finally able to meet the New Kids on the Block after 20 years and personally tell them thank you for everything they did for United Cerebral Palsy.

I never thought it could get any better.

I was wrong.

I have UCP's official MySpace page on my friend list (and also now on Facebook) and have corresponded with Will Hull, who runs both pages. He is the eCommunications/eDevelopment Specialist and eAdvocacy/eCommunications Coordinator for United Cerebral Palsy. So, shortly after I posted my blog on MySpace in October about my meeting with NKOTB and the whole history behind that, it was only natural for me to want him to read it.

However, his response was beyond anything I expected. He was so touched by my story, that he asked permission to "publish" it on their online journal, "UCPeople". I could not believe it... and I still can't. Next to meeting the New Kids and having that dream come true, this for me, is seriously just as important and special... if not more so. Being acknowledged by them like this, I can't even begin to express what I felt at that moment... and what I still feel.

I have been blessed in so many ways and once again, the New Kids on the Block have enriched my life. I am extremely grateful.

Since November, my story is now up at UCPeople - Journal for the UCP Community .

Will and I have continued to remain in touch and I am honored to call him my friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your name when leaving a comment. Thanks!